Tripod gun mount question/opinions

Cmlandscaping

Jan 27, 2021
Thinking about putting this on my tikka t3. Wondering if anyone has tried this? Want to make sure it’s not going to cause any harm when shooting attached to my glassing tripod.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Don't think it will hurt anything, if mounted properly. I started with a glassing tripod for shooting, and was extremally disappointed. I then did a ton of research, including a side by side review on the hide of 5 or 6 different set ups. Short version of the results are: you get what you pay for, and to shoot even reasonably well off a tripod is expensive. I settled on the RRS with the anvil, Imho it is about as steady as you can get, and it still wont shoot as good as almost any bipod closer to the ground. Whatever system you come up with, test it at your common hunting range.

Reactions: Cmlandscaping

Take a look at this you'll keep the center of gravity farther back. I came across this thing last year and paid less than what its going for now but I was blown away at how rock solid it is. This was way more stable than my triclawps that I bought a couple years ago.

Reactions: Cmlandscaping
I’ve actually been meaning to ask @Truduct what’s the best way to mount a rifle to one of his tricer tripods. I’ve seen him put a rifle on one of his tripods but wondering how I could use a standard rifle stock on the tripod

Reactions: TRICER
I’ve actually been meaning to ask @Truduct what’s the best way to mount a rifle to one of his tricer tripods. I’ve seen him put a rifle on one of his tripods but wondering how I could use a standard rifle stock on the tripod
I use a simple gun clamp with an arca plate. Makes it universal no rails needed. IMG_0172.jpegIMG_6363.jpeg

Adding an ARCA rail is nice. There are tons of options to add one to a rifle. It gives you an attachment point for a bipod and tripod. And you can attach either all the way down the forend. This is an arca rail on my chassis
IMG_7239.jpg20210907_211715.jpg

This is an example of one added to a stock

I got a gun from a guy in AZ and it had this attachment on it. Aristotle engineering pretty cool mounts to a hunting stock and then you can attach a plate for whatever tripod head you have and way lighter than carrying around a clamp.

IMG_6368.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu