Tripod

you can spend a few bucks or a few hundred ,i have ultra light weight for long hikes and a conversion that works as tripod and a gun rest.the good ones cost dearly but last forever!

Outdoorsmans is the tripod I use, Its built by hunter for hunters. It is a modular system that you can build in any number of ways. While they are a little pricey (its made in America) you only have to buy it once and I guarantee you'll be happy. I'm using the tall version with the panhead its been on several hunts in the past two seasons and has proven to be the best tripod I have worked with. Its small light weight and rugged. Buy the best and you'll never be disappointed.

I have a Slik too. It is pretty quick to adjust and it's reasonably solid except in a stiff wind. Next purchase could be an Outdoorsman.

WOW $500 bucks for a tripod maybe im just poor but i don't i would want to spend that much for a tripod..

I bought one from Wally world a long time ago for about $35, but I only got 5 years out of it, I think. Manfrotto is a big name in tripods, but again, $$$$

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu