Trout Fishing turned into catfishing

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
Went to Lake Dixon on Saturday hoping to catch a few trout since it was stocked and the fish report looked good. A long line to check in and out we went on a rented boat. After about three hours with no bites I decided to hit the bottom and try for catfish and about a half hour later bam hook up. One in the boat. Another half hour and one more took the bait this time just a slight tug. Daughter had one on the line but it came off. Had to leave at 1130 due to other commitments but had enough for dinner. My fillet skills need some work but we had a good meal.

Attachments

• IMG_9973.jpg
    IMG_9973.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 52
Loved spending time with my daughter. Taking Monday off and going to give it another shot! Was thinking if going for small game but damn that catfish was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu