Turkey Hunt FRIDAY 4/26

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Going to do another Turkey hunt before my Idaho trip. Haven't had much time to scout in between hunts just mainly E-scouting.. I have 2 places in mind that I want to check out...getting out to places you never been to while still dark out isn't ideal but will have to hike out while still dark to try and catch them coming off the roost. My brother in law was going to join me but canceled on me last minute..leaving from the South Bay area (Imperial Beach) around 3am tomorrow so if anyone is interested in trying to locate some gobblers feel free to hit me up.

Disclaimer:
I have no idea if there are even birds where I am headed so if you join me, I am in no way guaranteeing you that we will find any Turkeys.

Going to do another Turkey hunt before my Idaho trip. Haven't had much time to scout in between hunts just mainly E-scouting.. I have 2 places in mind that I want to check out...getting out to places you never been to while still dark out isn't ideal but will have to hike out while still dark to try and catch them coming off the roost. My brother in law was going to join me but canceled on me last minute..leaving from the South Bay area (Imperial Beach) around 3am tomorrow so if anyone is interested in trying to locate some gobblers feel free to hit me up.

Disclaimer:
I have no idea if there are even birds where I am headed so if you join me, I am in no way guaranteeing you that we will find any Turkeys.
love the disclaimer, CYA. Good thinking.

Jorge, any luck? Wish I could've hunted more tha twice this season lol...

Sorry Jason didnt see this till now but unfortunately didn't make it out. While going over my plans for the next day I discovered a more detailed map showing me that my original access point is closed to the public. I didnt want to chance it and be in an area with a firearm that I wasnt supposed to be in. I think I've found a new way in but it will have to wait till I get back from my trip to go out and check things out. I want to do some scouting while it's still cool out before the summer hits.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu