turkey huntin

realmainer

Jan 30, 2014
Hi All I live in Maine and my sister live in the San Jose area. I want to come visit her in 2015. I want to know if someone will help me find a place to hunt. There maybe me my son and in my nephews can I would like them to go. they are in high school so I do not know if they will be able to go. but want you to know who will hunt.

Just keep in mind, that an out of state license is required for each hunter. Do you / will you have a license from Maine within the last 3 years before date of purchase? Otherwise, you have to take a California Hunter Safety Course which may or may not be available around the time of your trip. Turkey hunting around here is pretty well kept group of secrets. I hear there is better action in Northern Cal as opposed to Central or Southern Cal. Good luck to you and your fam.

WE all have hunted. I hunt a lot and have taken the classes along with my son. As for my nephews I an not certain. They can hunt in Maine with an adult without a hunters safety class until they are 16. But before we go I will make certain they are legal hunters. I am willing to travel a few hours from where she lives. So any help I get will be appreciated

IMHO if I was in your shoe I would be looking for a guide service (there's a few guides on this forum). By enlisting a guide, you will have much more of a enjoyable hunt during your trip. Make sure you and your hunters bring your hunter safety certificate with you just to be safe.

Hi I am a Maine guide and have been for over 30 years. I know how to hunt and would like to do without a guide. I know I can go on public land. So were I have time to locate some I am asking for help. If you are willing to help let me know. I have one person who will show me some land and go with me for a day. But I want to have more then one option. Never know when something does not work out. So if you want to help contact me [email protected] or reply to my post Thanks to all

Spend some time on this site in the up coming months. Spring turkey is coming fast and there will be a lot of turkey talk going on. You should be able hook up with the right hunter.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu