Turkey Hunting Equipment Recommendations

schwatk

Jan 13, 2011
Alpine, CA.
Hey Guys,

Turkey season is 2 weeks away and as I'm brand new to this (or any hunting) I could use your help and recommendations.

What do you use and recommend I have to hunt turkeys with a bow? Right now I have my Mathews bow,
arrows, Rage 2 blade broadheads, binos, box call, slate call, crow call and the RedHead® 3D Evolution
camo. What else do I need?

As always all help/info/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Take care!

Joe

For a first time bow hunt, get your self a packabletent blind like a doublebull or a ameristep. This will help cover all your movement. Also have a deke or two, there are many different ones out there from your basics to the more premium DSD decoys. I highly recommend the DSD's, I carry a hen and a jake or two hens and a jake and they are super realistic and easyto carry. Oh and a place with some turkey is highly recommended.

Good luck!

I recommend private land. :) anyone have some ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu