Turkey hunting parntering willing to teach a sailor

GSE2

non sibi sed patriae(not for self but for country)
Aug 15, 2013
San Diego
looking for someone whose willing to teach me the ropes on turkey hunting. active duty navy don't get much free time,but i took leave next week and will end up going out by myself if no takers. I'm located in San Diego willing to drive within an hour and half. I'm really motivated so if you have time i would really appreciate it. this is one of my last chances to get animals in so cal, i leave on a 10 month deployment next summer (my third) then I'm intending on moving back east.

Re: turkey hunting parntering will to teach a sailor

First I want to thank you for your service. It means a lot to me and everyone else on this site. Its people like yourself that insure the American way of life. This is a tough time to try to find a hook up. Most of the turkey guys are deer hunting and with the rut heating up( which is what everyone waits for all year) Most everyone has plans for the next month or so. Im already taking first timers out for the next 2 weekends or I would try to help you out. But cross your fingers, Someone may tag out and give you yell.

I'll take you spring season. Fall is already over and I don't chase thunder chickens in the fall. Pm me if you'll be around in march.

We all are very grateful for your service. I have very little to offer you compared to Invisible Man and Wackum, but I'd be happy to take you scouting and to share with you what I've learned about finding mule deer and Merriam's turkey on public land out here.

Sent via Tapatalk

I'll pay you if you know where marriams are local. I've killed 13 toms in SD and never seen a marriams. Are you sure there marriams Cuz everything I see is Rio or Rio hybrid with domestic

I think so, but will post a photo at the next opportunity.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu