Turkey hunting socal

jmo032001

Feb 18, 2013
orange county
Hey all. I'm new to hunting CA and I live in orange county. been a while since I've hunted back in Illinois and it's obviously different terrain here. Any suggestions on how to get started? Hoping to get in the game when turkey season starts in March

Welcome to SCH.
Not many people are going to give up there honey holes. Spend some time researching old threads you'll find info on places to go. Also there is a turkey tune up coming up soon in San Diego should be helpful.

great advice lungpopper. Best bet is hit the turkey tune up great info, plus hunts are raffled of, plus Q&A session with the DFG biologist. However, I'm not afraid to give up my honey hole... There are always turkeys there than I could reasonable take and I've had 100% success. They even come pre-cleaned and feathered. It's my local Albertsons ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hevi shot #3 knocks em dead i killed one with it at 40 yards or so last spring shootin an 870 express 12 gauge

Done right at under twenty yards it doesn't matter much, number 5 lead is the smallest I have seen used (a hammer, brand doesn't matter)), I would recommend 4's or 5's given that they want to come to the decoy.

outdoordave said:
great advice lungpopper. Best bet is hit the turkey tune up great info, plus hunts are raffled of, plus Q&A session with the DFG biologist. However, I'm not afraid to give up my honey hole... There are always turkeys there than I could reasonable take and I've had 100% success. They even come pre-cleaned and feathered. It's my local Albertsons ;D ;D ;D ;D
Outdoordave haha that's a great honey hole but it does not seem like a challenge. Very funny

Rogerskd said:
outdoordave said:
Outdoordave haha that's a great honey hole but it does not seem like a challenge. Very funny
Kyle, no one said they were looking for a challenge. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu