Turkey Hunting

ktkheatsfan

Sep 25, 2013
Hi all,

I am new to hunting and was wondering where would be a good area to hunt turkey? I am hoping to bring back a turkey for my family for Thanksgiving. I don't know where to start my search for areas. I've looked up so much and just need to be pointed in the right direction I hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

Go to a forestry office and buy a Cleveland national Forest map. It will show you all the public land. And Google earth will give you a 3-d image so you can see elevation changes. Then find a spot with all the right stuff way back where no one else hikes to and give it a look.

I second what Invisble Man said.

Also, allot of the popular areas for turkey hunting down here get hit hard by many hunters at the same time. Finding secluded areas is a difficult task, but do-able if you don't mind hiking in through heavy brush and trees. I see them all the time when I drive up the 79. Unfortunately they are always in someone's yard and not on public land. :(

Good hunting! :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu