Turkey pot pie

I have to say after the second piece ,it was pretty good.

I make a lot of Pheasant and grouse pot pies, so when my nephew told me they were crap without this crust, I said ya right, I hate to say it but he was right this crust made a world of difference. He insist you really need to use food processor to make it right , I happen to have one. Resized_20220413_090423.jpeg

I make a lot of Pheasant and grouse pot pies, so when my nephew told me they were crap without this crust, I said ya right, I hate to say it but he was right this crust made a world of difference. He insist you really need to use food processor to make it right , I happen to have one. View attachment 54039
Food processor makes quick work of pie dough, as does pastry dough cutters, but nothing beats the hand mixed. Learned that one the hard way in pastry school when my grade showed up compared to my classmates!

Food processor makes quick work of pie dough, as does pastry dough cutters, but nothing beats the hand mixed. Learned that one the hard way in pastry school when my grade showed up compared to my classmates!
Can't argue with pastry school technique, but for those of us without that background or who are just lazy, this is the answer. Whatever floats your boat.

Can't argue with pastry school technique, but for those of us without that background or who are just lazy, this is the answer. Whatever floats your boat.
I still pull out the food processor when Im lazy, pastry cutter when I want to take my time and be left alone for a few extra minutes, and do it by hand only when Im feeling super fancy or trying to truly impress with the crust.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu