Turkeys everywhere.....

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Got my first turkey this weekend. Scored a second bird too. Didn’t see a single deer though. Good thing o was carrying the shotgun in my pack. I forgot to take a field pic of the second one. Here’s the pic of her that matters though. I was roaming alone. Thanksgiving is covered!IMG_1671.jpgIMG_1665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the harvest. Thanksgiving will be extra special.

Niice. I almost hit 2 on the road today while driving and it was raining! I even turned around to check them out and they were like...stay in the car dude we are on border line private property.

And with a Single-shot Break-Barrel! Nice Work!

It’s actually my first gun. Got it when I was 12. Passed down from an uncle. It was his first gun too, my grandmother had bought it for him. This was the last animal I wanted to harvest with it before I bought an “upgraded” shotgun and retired it until my kids are old enough to take it.

Updated pic. Couldn’t wait. Had to have some turkey legs for dinner.
540fbba45e2fb9eb090a82adc00393e3.jpg

Lol,nice! Get r Done.
I saw where a couple refuges in norcal is opening fer turkeys.https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2019/11/08/pheasant-wild-turkey-second-dove-seasons-set-to-open-nov-9/

Love the shot gun! I had a New England single shot when I first got started. You may want to read some of the information about San Diego county turkeys in other posts on this website. Either way we’ll done and bacon wrapped makes everything amazing!

You best not be hunting the Laguna rec area with a shotgun, that is archery only. They haven't changed the regs on that as far as I know. You could get in big trouble posting that.

Reactions: MAG 1
That’s awesome I have always wanted to kill a turkey right before thanksgiving and have it for thanksgiving. Congrats on two birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu