Two way radio and headsets

None here...Larry?
I personally have never used radios ( cell phone usually works ) but this year im gonna take a few young teens out and they dont even know how much hiking their in for yet lol Dont want to totally ruin the experience for them so I think Giving them the radios will take their minds off the work? Good idea?

A bit on the pricey side, but WELL worth it. First of all, I'm assuming that you are hunting with a partner since you are asking about using a radio while hunting. I strongly recommend a Garmin Rino if it's in your budget. This is a "twofer" because you get a radio AND a GPS in one unit. The GPS device has a detailed map of the area you are hunting. They have base maps and maps you can add for more detail. The radio is also a GMRS/FRS two way radio, FAR better than cb radios. They also allow you to text between units so your voice doesn't spook the game AND every time you key the mike to talk or send a message, it sends a signal that marks your location on your buddy's radio, so he not only knows what you are saying but also knows your location. The GPS part of the unit has all kinds of very useful info, like waypoints you can set to return to, or good hunting spots, etc. It also has weather info, like moon phases, sunrise and sunset times, etc. My brother had one and strongly encouraged me to get one. I finally did, and so did all my hunting buddies. I wouldn't be without mine. You never know how much they help until you actually use one. If you do, you will be a convert forever.

i have a hand held boefang radio i use for my jeep cause all my friends have ham radios.. works awesome and was 30 dollars on amazon

it a UV-82hp 8 watt hand held

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu