Type A for SJ

Gallodeoro

Oct 11, 2013
Hello, i'm a newb waterfowl hunter (started last season on private land) and I was wondering if you need a Type A pass for waterfowl hunting in San Jacinto WA. I've read about the reservations, lottery, and sweat line, but was still unsure if you need a type A pass. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

meatgetter said:
Yes you need a Type A pass - either season long on Single Day.

AND THEY DO NOT SELL THEM THE MORNING OF THE HUNT.......Every year someone is in line that doesn't have a pass (they use to sell them).....And every year there's normally someone in line that will sell them one of theirs....... If you make it out to Wister. The things get a little better as far as getting your Type A passes.....Sportsman's Catering sells them right next to the check-in station.

Season passes are around $156.00. If you plan on going at least 8 times, buy the pass......2 cents

Attachments

• wister opener 2011 017.JPG
    wister opener 2011 017.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 22
ilovesprig said:
meatgetter said:
Yes you need a Type A pass - either season long on Single Day.

AND THEY DO NOT SELL THEM THE MORNING OF THE HUNT.......Every year someone is in line that doesn't have a pass (they use to sell them).....And every year there's normally someone in line that will sell them one of theirs....... If you make it out to Wister. The things get a little better as far as getting your Type A passes.....Sportsman's Catering sells them right next to the check-in station.

Season passes are around $156.00. If you plan on going at least 8 times, buy the pass......2 cents

I'll second the season pass. Like Steve said if you go 8 times you'll break even. The other aspect is that you don't have to remember to run out to the local Big 5, Wally World or whatever the day before to buy a day pass and, since you've already spent the money on the season pass, you don't have the temptation, if you don't get drawn from the bucket, to not spend a day pass on a, let's say, marginal blind for the afternoon. Also, you can do things like hit Wister in the morning and if you leave early enough that you get by SJ before 2 pm you could get another hunt in late afternoon and it doesn't cost any more.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu