UK and needing advice

uklemon

Apr 18, 2017
Hi there

Im from England am coming to northern cali for next years summer, it'll hopefully be north around redwood national park area. Me and my brother will be there for a month-ish trekking and camping.

I am wondering what california is like with gun laws, and i cant seem to find a specific site that details just cali laws. I am deer hunter in the UK and have my fair share of experience. But I'm wondering if non us citizens can obtain gun and hunting licenses and wether you can hire or rent rifles.

The UK is pretty strict about this kind of stuff and from what i understand only some us states are strict. are.

Is it even likely to ask for a rifle rental there.

Any reply is much appreciated.

The go to site for California gun laws is calguns.net its a huge resource in which you can find direct links to the state websites concerning guns and gun laws.

As for renting a gun I am not sure if or how that could be done. I'm sure if you pay for a guided hunt you would most likely be able to use one of your guide's guns for that hunt. Maybe someone else can chime in with more info about that.

Reactions: uklemon
Welcome to our site,

Yes you can hunt here! You will need to get a non resident hunting license, your UK hunting lic will be needed to bypass hunter safety.

You can not rent guns here, so you will either need to bring your gun from home or hunt with a guide who can let you use his. Starting next year ammo requires a background check so no clue how that will work for a UK resident.

If you import your gun just make sure you don't have evil features like a thumb hole stock. That scares people here. A standard hunting rifke with ammo is no big deal to fly with.

Summer time not a lot is open but we have wild pig, coyote, varmints that can be hunted. You will need non toxic ammo just a fyi

Post some pics of your hunting over there, I bet ya make some friends here

Reactions: uklemon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu