Upcoming archery pig hunt w GSGS!

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Well if I had more self control, I'd keep my mouth shut till I bagged one, but I'm SUPER-STOKED to go hunt pigs with Neil and his buddy Casey this week, so I can't help myself.
If you've seen Neil's recent posts, you know he and his wife Ashley just welcomed a beautiful baby girl. He took this month pretty much off in anticipation of the blessed delivery... However there are some monster pigs showing up on the properties where he has access, and I was fortunate enough to arrange a couple of days off. I'm heading up Tuesday afternoon for a two-day hunt with them. The big challenge will be the heat, which has them mostly nocturnal the past couple of weeks: http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php?topic=8127
Here's hoping they show during legal hunting hours
Also, I owe a big shout out to Bruce, Jim and the guys at Bow N Arrow Shop for dialing in my new Black Gold sight and helping me fine tune my form for the coming season. If I blow a stalk or miss the mark, it will be because I choke, and not because I can't hit a (paper) target.
More to follow...

Thanks gentlemen.
LP, I got the BG Rush w 6 pins and the larger (2") housing so I could add a 7th pin. I like it a lot. Bruce added a shim and re-leveled it for me to correct a tendency to group right at longer distances. It's great in low light; more than I need, really, because my eyes are the limiting factor in those conditions.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu