Upgraded 300win mag. And simple paint job

Nicholas909

Suns out, Guns Out
Sep 1, 2014
Yucaipa
So awhile back I tried selling a mossberg 4x4 300win mag. Because I hated shooting it. It kicked the crap out of me. I would flinch every time. It was way to light. Had a Crappy stock that would bend and twist with every shot. Since no one wanted it I decided to change it up a little bit.

I put a Boyd's pepper laminate stock on it.
Cut the stock down and added a Graco GraCoil Rifle Compression Plate. Topped it off with a limbsaver air tech pad. And added a Witt machine clamp-on muzzle for when I'm at the range.

Did a simple duracoat job on the receiver, bolt, and barrel. Used Magpol Foliage Green for the base and Parker for the darker overspray and fading
IMG_1212.JPG IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1218.PNG IMG_1219.PNG

Looks good. I'd like to hear what your thoughts of the Gracoil plate are after you shiot it.

So the Gracoil plate did help. It took awhile to adjust it to the amount of recoil. I was able to shoot 100 rounds without pain or the fear of pain.
I didn't cut the stock down enough to compensate for the extra inch of the limbsaver pad. So my grip was a little uncomfortable.
For the amount of time it takes to get it cut and fitted to a stock, I probably won't do it again.

Nicholas, can you please report also the point of impact shift with the brake and naked muzzle. If not too much of a chore. Thanks

So without the muzzle break, I was shooting between 3/4" & 1" groups at 100 yards. With the muzzle break I was shooting just over 1/2" groups. Also I was able to do a better job of keeping my eye on the target during the shot.
Down fall was the muzzle blast coming back. It had a lot of pressure coming back at my face. Definitely won't use it hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu