Upland Opportunities Webinar

Zak

Mar 30, 2019
Thought I'd share my notes from CDFW's webinar today called "Upland Opportunities":

• Apprentice hunts for pheasant are available for adults, you can use your hunter safety certificate # to get priority registration, he said you get to use it once so use it wisely on a good opportunity. He said they sometimes provide a dog so you need to check the details
  • Upland Wild Bird Hunts are mostly over for this year, but allow you to apply for designated hunting areas
  • SHARE program offers private property access for hunters for a ~$12 application fee, she said she's working on a turkey property for the SHARE program in San Diego and hopefully that will be offered in the Spring draw. She also mentioned two particular SHARE properties that have great quail populations but I forgot what they are sorry
  • They also went over general upland hunting tips like what terrain features to look for, bird identification, scouting via Google Earth, shotshell sizes, shotgun chokes, and a bit about regulations.
I heard there will be upcoming webinars on topics like bear hunting so that should be interesting

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu