URGENT- San Jac and Wister Online Meeting May 30th! Get this out to All SoCal hunters!!

Oh, now I get the "bored" comment, Steve. Sorry about that! You never know what you're gonna get with a live screenshot. I edited your pic out of the other posts.
You were anything but bored...an active participant, as always. Much appreciated, Steve. Sitting at work, all I could do was listen in...
Good meeting! Thanks to Scott, Cris, and Chadd for the informative update...and being receptive to suggestions from the hunters.

Reactions: ilovesprig
That is certainly a Steve what in the world look! I've seen it first hand! Thanks guys for attending and this sounds great. Equipment fixed staff hired land cleared and some gravel paths. Awesome. Hopefully things swing back at the ole wiz and she treats us right.

The best news I heard, and it was only briefly mentioned, was that funding for these projects has been secured. I think Chadd said something like $7M to be spent over the next 5 years. The knock on CWA has been that they only spend donation and grant money up north...clearly, that's no longer the case. Nice to know that some of your money may end up in your favorite pond...

I don't think they have flashed in the spring in 7 or 8 years. You would be surprised how the Timothy takes off with a little water. They have to be willing to spend the money on the water, which they haven't been.

Reactions: Old Quack 49
I don't think they have flashed in the spring in 7 or 8 years. You would be surprised how the Timothy takes off with a little water. They have to be willing to spend the money on the water, which they haven't been.
You're right, I don't think they have...but, according to Cris, they did it a couple times this spring and the timothy took off. He showed a pic and it looked really good. I was surprised...

Hopefully 413 gets cleared 4 years of asking need the alkalibullrush exposed

Mikey,

Long time no hear from...I think Chris mentioned they were going to or they have irrigated some ponds...To be honest, I can't really think of any that can be flashed...Maybe the Y15's, parts of U10, T10, S20 & S22...:worried:

Hopefully 413 gets cleared 4 years of asking need the alkalibullrush exposed

I specifically mentioned 413 and how mowing does no good in a pond that is so choked off with vegetation...I suggested working around the blind sites...I think Chris agreed, but he knows and we know...When that happens (disced), the mud can be unbearable...:scream:...But, way better than not getting to hunt there at all...;)

The roof needs repair and we all can help do it...Here's the pix from the work party we had back in 2006...Led by Leon Lusika (RIP).......:broken_heart:

.IMG_0098 - Copy.JPGIMG_0099 - Copy.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0100.JPG

Reactions: Duckfan
Good ole Leon, That was a good day we got it banged out fairly quick Steve. Not sure I can make this one will have to keep an eye out for a date

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu