Utah Beaver East Elk?

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
My friends son has a spike Elk hunt permit for that section in Oct. Anyone have any general info they are willing to share. He has done some research and is doing more. I was just wondering what the heard population is like, success numbers, keeping in mind this is for spike Elk. Any info would help. Aside from the research his is doing, he will be going in blind, so to say.

John,

I saw a number of elk above Beaver in the Fishlake NF, while turkey hunting. He shouldn’t have a problem finding them near Big Twist Creek

I've hunted the west portion. REALLY tough hunt, I won't go back. East has a better population though (so I've been told). I'd chase bulges if they are still talking and hope to locate a spike in the herd. Otherwise glassing and all the typical stuff.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu