Utah Big Game Draw Ends Today

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
I put in for all 9 different tags and the process was SLOOOOOOOW. Website took forever to load each page. Better hurry!

Hunt Choice(s)
Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
=====================================================================
JOHN
$10.00
$568.00
This application is for 1 hunter only.
1) 1003 - Premium LE Any Weapon Buck Deer (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Henry Mtns (Oct 19 - 27, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$0.00
1) ELK - Elk Bonus Point

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$0.00
1) PRO - Pronghorn Bonus Point

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$1,518.00
1) 6611 - Desert Bighorn Sheep (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Zion (Sept 14 - Nov 6, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$1,518.00
1) 6701 - Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Book Cliffs, South (Nov 1 - 30, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$1,518.00
1) 6011 - Bull Moose (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Wasatch Mtns (Sept 14 - Oct 17, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$1,518.00
1) 6800 - Rocky Mountain Goat (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Beaver (Sept 7 - 20, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$2,615.00
1) 6500 - Antelope Island Bison (ANY LEGAL WEAPON) - Antelope Island (Dec 3 - 5, 2013)

Hunter Name
App Fee
Permit Fee
JOHN
$10.00
$0.00
1) GDR - General Deer Preference Point

Card Number: ************XXXX

The following will immediately be charged to your card:
Nonrefundable Application Fees: $90.00
License Fees: $65.00

Sales of all licenses, certificates of registration and permits are final, and NO REFUNDS will be made by the Division except as provided in Utah Code 23-19-38(2) and 23-19-38.2.
However, if you see an extra charge on your credit/debit card statement please email us at [email protected] or call us at (800) 221-0659, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Learn more about what the DWR is doing to help Utah's mule deer. http:// wildlife.utah.gov/muledeer.

On their hunting website it says I can buy a point until the 18th, correct? My cousin wants me to just buy a point. So am I good to go until the 18th?

NBK said:
I put in for all 9 different tags and the process was SLOOOOOOOW. Website took forever to load each page. Better hurry!

So you are the reason it took sooo long ;)

Ha ha OC!

Taft - you need to buy a $65 license and the points are $10 each (application fee)

NBK said:
Ha ha OC!

Taft - you need to buy a $65 license and the points are $10 each (application fee)

Okay. And for the combo it will be 80$ + 10$ + 10$? And I have til the 18th, correct?

TaftHunter said:
NBK said:
Ha ha OC!

Okay. And for the combo it will be 80$ + 10$ + 10$? And I have til the 18th, correct?

If you apply for deer and get drawn then you get a free fishing license with it.

And I have til the 18th, correct?

Yes that is correct, you have until March 18th to apply for points. The site is so bogged down now that you can't even open basic links.

Glad I am done! :D

NBK said:
And I have til the 18th, correct?

Yes that is correct, you have until March 18th to apply for points. The site is so bogged down now that you can't even open basic links.

Glad I am done! :D

Okay sweet ill do that here in a few days. My cousin asked me to do it with him and said I only need 1 point to draw the area he wants to archery hunt. He said he's got a few friends that know some good spots. So I guess I'll see in 2014 ::)

Utah has been hitting CC's. I got drawn for a deer tag but not sure if its archery or rifle. Anyone else?

Just checked the website and they are not posting results yet. Still 2012... :mad:

OCOutdoors said:
:eek: been doing that over a week and CC statement. Finally showed today.

Cool. Thanks for the reminder. It hit my card too. Looks like we got the deer tags in the draw but not the elk.

It's official, just got my email conformation, if all goes well I will be chasing deer with my bow this August.

I received my dear John letter today, literally!

Dear JOHN :

Thank you for your recent applications for the Big Game Drawing. Your results are:

Appl # Hunt # Result
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
832092 6500, , , , Bison UNSUCCESSFUL
832091 6800, , , , Rocky Mountain Goat UNSUCCESSFUL
832085 1003, , , , Buck Deer UNSUCCESSFUL
832086 ELK , , , , Elk Bull Bonus Point Earned
832087 PRO , , , , Pronghorn Buck Bonus Point Earned
832088 6611, , , , Desert Bighorn Sheep UNSUCCESSFUL
832089 6701, , , , Rocky Mountain Bighorn Shee UNSUCCESSFUL
832090 6011, , , , Bull Moose UNSUCCESSFUL
832093 GDR , , , , General Buck Preference Point Earned
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBK said:
I received my dear John letter today, literally!

Dear JOHN :

Thank you for your recent applications for the Big Game Drawing. Your results are:

Appl # Hunt # Result
832092 6500, , , , Bison UNSUCCESSFUL
832091 6800, , , , Rocky Mountain Goat UNSUCCESSFUL
832085 1003, , , , Buck Deer UNSUCCESSFUL
832086 ELK , , , , Elk Bull Bonus Point Earned
832087 PRO , , , , Pronghorn Buck Bonus Point Earned
832088 6611, , , , Desert Bighorn Sheep UNSUCCESSFUL
832089 6701, , , , Rocky Mountain Bighorn Shee UNSUCCESSFUL
832090 6011, , , , Bull Moose UNSUCCESSFUL
832093 GDR , , , , General Buck Preference Point Earned

THAT SUCKS. The only brite side to that is you are racking up the points

Got my deer tag. No go on the Elk. My friends from Wisconsin that I see in Utah every year did not get drawn. First time in 20 years that they won't be there. This new system sucks.

Dear JAMES:

Appl # Hunt # Result
Elk Bull UNSUCCESSFUL
General Buck Archery SUCCESSFUL

That's a good run to get drawn 20yrs in a row. Or has it always been OTC archery tags? This is my first time trying for archery in Utah but for rifle I usually only got drawn every 2-3yrs.

Up until last year the general archery tag was good state wide and easy to get. Now you have to pick zones and they limit the tags in each zone. This will be my 10th year and those guys had been going for 20. They would drive 25 hours for a little forky, but for them it is more about their man's trip and deer camp. Great guys that I see up there once a year and now we keep in touch on Facebook. Bummed they wont be there and I'll miss their fish fry and bon fire on the last night. :(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu