Ventura County duck hunt

Auguie

Nov 20, 2019
Can anyone tell me the story of point mugu duck clubs.
Heard story's of people getting private land permission to hunt AG fields w/ ponds in ventura might do the same thing.
Here are some possible locations as well as a picture of duck clubs

.2019-11-29.png2019-11-29 (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me the story of point mugu duck clubs.
Heard story's of people getting private land permission to hunt AG fields w/ ponds in ventura might do the same thing.
Here are some possible locations as well as a picture of duck clubs

I know there were details posted on other forums in the past, so searching Google might be your best friend.

1 club is on the base. Active/retired military or contractors working on base are eligible to hunt. Details are here.

The other club is private and I believe is an equity ownership club. It is called the Ventura County Game Preserve. There is a large list of celebrities who are and were members at that club. John Wayne was one of them. This is a pretty high dollar club, at least for So Cal. Last I heard the waitlist is extensive.

In terms of other private fields/ponds... knock on doors.

I know there were details posted on other forums in the past, so searching Google might be your best friend.

1 club is on the base. Active/retired military or contractors working on base are eligible to hunt. Details are here.

The other club is private and I believe is an equity ownership club. It is called the Ventura County Game Preserve. There is a large list of celebrities who are and were members at that club. John Wayne was one of them. This is a pretty high dollar club, at least for So Cal. Last I heard the waitlist is extensive.

In terms of other private fields/ponds... knock on doors.
Spot on. My buddys sisters boyfriend worked at that million dollar boys club.its like 100,000 dollars ayear for membership. Its pretty impossible to hunt what yer talkin about. I know only of a watershed at the bridge on los posas can hunt.it by magu missle test site.but you need a dog or kayak..all that other stuff like huntin ag land you have to know someone.just sayin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu