Very cold

John,

I don't know what it is about Henshaw, but it's one of the coldest feeling places I've ever hunted.....Brrrrr

.View attachment 37535View attachment 37536
Steve, I would have to think it has to do with the moisture in the air from some sort of flow from the ocean. Dry cold and a damp cold are too totally different things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig
Also could be the cold air mass that comes down from the mountain and just sits there in the valley. Driving up Palomar from E Grade Rd a few times my temp gauge has actually gotten warmer by a few degrees the higher we climbed from Henshaw, until we reached near the summit where it dropped back down again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brutal. Hunting Bishop rigjt now. High of 52. Low of 25. All small ponds frozen. Looking for ducks and Quail. We have one Quail and one Duck so far. Slow up here but the lab is happy.

John
That is too warm for ducks up there, but there are ducks right now for sure. Lots of scouting goes into killing ducks and geese in that valley.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig
We found them late in the day. We will see what happens Saturday. Dropped a big Drake Mallard and missed a few more. Storm is moving down this way on Saturday. Lots of frozen ponds even with the low 50 high.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu