Waders

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
So I am told I need to get waders for Duck and Goose hunting mostly at Wister so Neoprene or Canvas? and where is the best place locally or on line? Oh and I likely need 3x or 4x size

Thanks in advance

Hey Ahi,

More than likely on line. I have purchased all of my past and present waders from Cabelas.

I use both - I like the neoprene when it is cold. But for Wister and Southern California I use the canvas. Neoprene is easier to walk in though.

I've never used anything other than waders so I don't know how to compare them to canvas. Early season those neoprene will make you sweat your balls off but they are great with its cold.

Lots of wader options, I am a big Cabelas fan myself. Neos, sweat more, but in my opinion will last longer. Breathables, less sweat, but in my opinion are a bit more fragile and not as long lasting. In a perfect world, I'd have 3 pairs, neos, breathables and some wader pants, but I am a poor man and I only have one pair of 5mm neos, going on their 6th season...

Breathable's early season and neo's later season...exactly!

if you're gonna hunt wister, whatever you buy needs to be tough. There are a lot of sticks and crap out there that will definilty poke holes. I would go with neoprene 3mm. Good for all season with a layer underneath in december

I've been using breathable stocking-foot waders for Wister and San Jacinto for a couple years now. They are lightweight, and don't roast you to death on warm days. On cold days, I put on a pair of fleece sweats- no problem with cold. I bought mine at Sports Authority, on sale for about $90, probably 2x or 3x in size.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu