Wallmart Ammo

Skinny Hunter

Apr 8, 2011
Last weekend we were out training our Dogs, we were shooting Pigeons and my brand new Beretta 20 ga. would not cycle the shells(Winchester super X). Took it to Fine Fire Arms the same day and they put their ammo in it and it cycled no problem. I was told that their (Wallmart) ammo is substandard. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

All I can say is you get what you pay for yes you can get ammo cheaper at wally world and for some guns it works fine but John will not stock bottom end bare bones shit in his store

Yea i did, those shells are trash. I don't remember exactly what kind of winchester shells they were but they were red winchester shells from Walmart. I shoot a 12 guage 870 and they were getting stuck after the barrel to where I couldn't open the action at all until I slammed the butt of the gun on something. I think the cause was cheap aluminum that expanded too much and 3 out of 10 would jam. I switched to the federal ammo from Walmart and had no problem. But as of now I buy from Fine Firearms and I really like the ammo that they carry.

Same with my Remi 870. Doesn't like those loads. I always keep my gun extremely cleaned and well lubed. You take what you can get with them. I only use them when I get them for free or if I'm in the field and out of my normal dove loads and my buddy has them on tap.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu