Walther P22 .22LR

BTW Smokey... an option to strongly consider? ... I have a Sig Sauer P238. It's a Mini 1911 style in .380acp.

For a Personal Protection piece... Strongly consider something like that. Centerfires are significantly more reliable to fire. There is statistically significant drop-off in success rate in stopping the attacker as you go downward in Caliber from the .380acp. But from the .380 on up the variance isn't all that much.

That P238 has the easiest slide to pull back out of all the subcompact .380's I tried. (I initially thought I was going to get the Kahr Arms one... but the slide was WAY too stiff) It's got nice big chunky 3-Dot night sights on it.

If you get one for them... buy the Hogue 1-piece Rubber wrap-around grip. (And also get an extended 7-rd mag with the pinky extension on it) When I had the Rosewood grips on mine... Mama complained that the webbing between her thumb and forefinger was getting roughed up a lil bit during the shots. The Hogue took care of that. Even my boy can shoot that Sig pretty decently.

That lil Sig is extremely accurate for such a small gun being in my size XL hands and with my crappy vision.

This was last round of the day at 10yd with cheapie PPU FMJ ammo.

I cannot actually see the sights with any real definition because of my vision and how I have the prescription in this particular set of glasses I use while hunting setup as a traditional bifocal with a very narrow section of close-up focal point being in only the bottom-most like 12mm's of the lense. The whole rest of the lenses are geared towards seeing at distance better. But even in spite of my atrocious vision issues that I have now, I can still do quite nicely with this lil pistol, thanks to those big chunky sites!

Reactions: Smokey58
BTW Smokey... an option to strongly consider? ... I have a Sig Sauer P238. It's a Mini 1911 style in .380acp.

For a Personal Protection piece... Strongly consider something like that. Centerfires are significantly more reliable to fire. There is statistically significant drop-off in success rate in stopping the attacker as you go downward in Caliber from the .380acp. But from the .380 on up the variance isn't all that much.

That P238 has the easiest slide to pull back out of all the subcompact .380's I tried. (I initially thought I was going to get the Kahr Arms one... but the slide was WAY too stiff) It's got nice big chunky 3-Dot night sights on it.

If you get one for them... buy the Hogue 1-piece Rubber wrap-around grip. (And also get an extended 7-rd mag with the pinky extension on it) When I had the Rosewood grips on mine... Mama complained that the webbing between her thumb and forefinger was getting roughed up a lil bit during the shots. The Hogue took care of that. Even my boy can shoot that Sig pretty decently.

That lil Sig is extremely accurate for such a small gun being in my size XL hands and with my crappy vision.

This was last round of the day at 10yd with cheapie PPU FMJ ammo.

I cannot actually see the sights with any real definition because of my vision and how I have the prescription in this particular set of glasses I use while hunting setup as a traditional bifocal with a very narrow section of close-up focal point being in only the bottom-most like 12mm's of the lense. The whole rest of the lenses are geared towards seeing at distance better. But even in spite of my atrocious vision issues that I have now, I can still do quite nicely with this lil pistol, thanks to those big chunky sites!
View attachment 40135

View attachment 40136
Larry, definitely a sweet gun but I already have a SIG 220, SW 60 and a Ruger SP101 (amongst others)... I like the LCRx for the size and weight so I can carry it in me Upland or fishing vest or out at night when I walk the hound.

Larry, definitely a sweet gun but I already have a SIG 220, SW 60 and a Ruger SP101 (amongst others)... I like the LCRx for the size and weight so I can carry it in me Upland or fishing vest or out at night when I walk the hound.

For spits and giggles... hold the two side-by-side and compare them size wise. Did I mention the P238 has night sights?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu