want to try a Rem 700 and/or a Rem Seven in 308, 3006 and/or 300 win

Nickrp

Dec 26, 2012
OK so im looking for my first rifle and i have narrowed it down to the 700 or the Seven (heavily leaning towards the 700) but I really want to shoot one or both prior to purchase. (again prefering to shoot the 700). I really would like the option to shoot in different cals. I am looking at the 308, 3006 and 300 (leaning towards the 308). I live in brea, so it would great if someone could point me to somewhere close that i could get my hands on those rems and give em a shot.

Some ranges have guns you can rent. There are a couple in San Diego so I'll bet if you call around to the ranges near you, you'll find one near you that offers rentals.

Sent via Tapatalk

I wanted a rem 700 till I opened the bolt on a tikka. Check out tikka and the 7mm caliber rifles.

It is hard to compare anything to a Tikka in the same price range. World class guns in an affordable price range.

+1 for Tikka. My brother has a T3 Lite Stainless in .308. I like it so much, that I borrow it whenever I'm going hunting and he's not coming with.

The only mods he has made to it are a thicker butt pad (the rifle is light, which equals more felt recoil), and an aluminum bolt shroud (instead of the stock plastic one).

Another brother bought the .223 version of the same. Fantastic accuracy, but again, after initial sight-in, he hasn't shot it off the bench. But nailing a clay pigeon on the first shot out of a cold barrel at 200 yards, using only the back of a folding picnic chair for a rest is pretty cool.

Downsides: expensive magazines, as I recall.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu