Washington opener

brice s

Aug 3, 2012
El Cajon
Well moved from SoCal to Washington this year. Waterfowl opened today and wasn't able to do a ton of scouting. Actually wasn't able to do any scouting. Looked at a place on a map and went out at 5am. Had a good shoot should have shot a lot more if I knew the area better so next time will be fun. Honker. Few mallards. Teal and a gaddy. Saw a few hundred ducks and not one bootlip!!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413081147.320777.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413081147.320777.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 99
ilovesprig said:
Bummer about not seeing any spoonies.........But nice shoot anyway........ ;D
haha i know right..... no spoonies...i wasn't sweating my ass off in my waders in the 95 degree sunny skies..... nothing like good ol Wister.

Nice that sounds like some great hunting where u jump shoot in or shootin em over dekes congrats on a good day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D16hunter said:
Nice that sounds like some great hunting where u jump shoot in or shootin em over dekes congrats on a good day

a bit of both, i couldn't bring my dog up from CA quite yet so that really limited where we could hunt but found a nice spot where we can get every duck with waders and set a decent spread, when we found it it had 5 geese and about 150 ducks on it.

brice s said:
D16hunter said:

a bit of both, i couldn't bring my dog up from CA quite yet so that really limited where we could hunt but found a nice spot where we can get every duck with waders and set a decent spread, when we found it it had 5 geese and about 150 ducks on it.
Sweet sounds like washingtons good for duck hunting even though you don't here much about it. I bet you'll start slaying em when you get your dog ammo up their and u can start hunting em even harder

Strong work Brice. A nice start to a new chapter in your hunting adventures. Keep us posted!

Sdbirds said:
Figure it out you can guide me for a change

Lol
like i said come out after wyoming next year, or just come here. we had elk pretty dialed here, unfortunately I was in WY during the archery season. but headed out after class today so ill let ya know how I do.

D16hunter said:
Sweet sounds like washingtons good for duck hunting even though you don't here much about it. I bet you'll start slaying em when you get your dog ammo up their and u can start hunting em even harder

Good job out there!

D16hunter.... I wasn't sure if that was a joke or not, but Washington is a premiere state for waterfowling on the Pacific Flyway. In mild years the California ducks just stay up there and never come down to their final destination.

nicapopolis said:
D16hunter said:

Good job out there!

D16hunter.... I wasn't sure if that was a joke or not, but Washington is a premiere state for waterfowling on the Pacific Flyway. In mild years the California ducks just stay up there and never come down to their final destination.
Ya definitely a lot of birds here and numbers still aren't super high yet, hasn't been cold at all so waiting for that to happen. When it freezes I'm in trouble though cause my dog is in Cali and don't have a boat so big rivers will be a no go. So will probably try fields.

Awesome! Are you still planning on coming back to San Diego for a few days in December?

Josh Pearson said:
Awesome! Are you still planning on coming back to San Diego for a few days in December?
will be home from dec 12- jan 2. Planning on hunting a bunch so me you and johnny will have to do a few Wister/valley runs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu