Watch out! Boys got robbed in the IV

Excellent advice. I spend a lot of time in the boonies hunting and fishing and I have always 1000% of the time been armed. A 357 mag or 44 mag on my hip for both 4 legged and 2 legged creatures. Occasionally I also have a small concealed backup piece. Carrying in the boonies has saved my a$$ a few times. One time actually had to fire it. One time my short barreled mossberg 12 gauge sent a couple tweakers on their way. The key is always be aware of your surroundings, stay alert and be vigilant. Distrust of strangers is a good thing.
A lesson which was hammered into me in the Marines is one I still follow to this day: If I am in the field with a weapon, that weapon stays with me 100% of the time. A friend had his shotgun stolen when he set it down to take a field dump. He rested it against his pack and went behind some trees to do his business. Came back to his pack and his shotgun was gone.

A lesson which was hammered into me in the Marines is one I still follow to this day: If I am in the field with a weapon, that weapon stays with me 100% of the time. A friend had his shotgun stolen when he set it down to take a field dump. He rested it against his pack and went behind some trees to do his business. Came back to his pack and his shotgun was gone.
O damn. Talk about getting caught with your pants down.

Shit happens.

Stealing the thread but I was hunting dove and my buddy had his shotgun while taking a Deuce he shot one with his pants around his ankles.
thieves suck and we make it way to easy to be a thieve in Ca.
Fwiw, last month when I was dove hunting, I got one while I was sitting in my chair eating my lunch. Bird landed in a bush about 10' away. BOOM

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu