Watch out! Boys got robbed in the IV

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
Yesterday my sons and friend went down to the valley to spend the night and go duck hunting Wednesday. They stopped to shoot a little trap on the way. A guy, his wife and 4 young kids showed up and we’re watching them. They even let him try to shoot a couple clays. He and his family left but on their way out they stole the boys blind bags, the freinds backpack, older sons .45 and some other stuff. Slashed 2 of their tires so they couldn’t follow.
Vehicle was a blue Chevy Tahoe guy was 35ish years old kids were young under 5 or 6. Didn’t get a good look at the wife/girlfriend.

This type of crap drives me crazy. No wonder people dont trust anyone anymore. I hope justice is served.

WTF man.......It could have gone worse.

Don't ever let anyone you don't know put their hands on any of your firearms.

When I get approached by a stranger in an isolated place I follow these rules: rule 1 keep your firearm on you, 2 be firm and not overly friendly 3 look around to see if there is only one person and 4
I keep my eyes on them until they leave..if they walk around the truck I follow, If they get in their car I am close to mine but I watch them.

I was camping with my wife in Utha in a dispersed camping area, around sunset time a couple came out of the bushes looking pretty agitated they walked towards us saying Hi, with my pistol on view..I asked them if I could help them find the way to the road...they said, "just passing by". Then I noticed they were hanging out close by the creek..I made sure they knew I had my eyes on them, they eventually left.

You never know who you are going to run out in the woods or the desert..no need to be overly friendly...be cool but firm.

When I get approached by a stranger in an isolated place I follow these rules: rule 1 keep your firearm on you, 2 be firm and not overly friendly 3 look around to see if there is only one person and 4
I keep my eyes on them until they leave..if they walk around the truck I follow, If they get in their car I am close to mine but I watch them.

I was camping with my wife in Utha in a dispersed camping area, around sunset time a couple came out of the bushes looking pretty agitated they walked towards us saying Hi, with my pistol on view..I asked them if I could help them find the way to the road...they said, "just passing by". Then I noticed they were hanging out close by the creek..I made sure they knew I had my eyes on them, they eventually left.

You never know who you are going to run out in the woods or the desert..no need to be overly friendly...be cool but firm.
I totally agree with you

Excellent advice. I spend a lot of time in the boonies hunting and fishing and I have always 1000% of the time been armed. A 357 mag or 44 mag on my hip for both 4 legged and 2 legged creatures. Occasionally I also have a small concealed backup piece. Carrying in the boonies has saved my a$$ a few times. One time actually had to fire it. One time my short barreled mossberg 12 gauge sent a couple tweakers on their way. The key is always be aware of your surroundings, stay alert and be vigilant. Distrust of strangers is a good thing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu