Waterfowl Blind / Field Bag

8SteelTown

What does everyone use for their waterfowl bags? I have a Red Head hydration day pack that I use for everything. It's small and I jam that puppy full of everything I need. Obviously it's not water proof and storage is an issue. Been researching blind bags and trying to stay around $75. Seems like everything I saw on Cabela's either wasn't fully waterproof or is poorly constructed and zippers breaking. I'll keep researching other sites but for now, what's your go to setup?

I have the Avery Ducks Unlimited floating blind bag and I love it. It's a little on the smaller side but when you have to haul everything to the blind it's nice not having to carry a duffel bag. I can fit 2 boxes of shells, my calls, my thermacell, choke tubes, e-collar and remote gloves and a beanie

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Brian,

Each hunting situation may take a different kind of carrying container......Distance of walk, birds that are targeted, weather, and cart or no cart.......I use a Boyds camo back pack (waterproof) when hunting out of layouts. It can also be used as a head rest.....Every other time I use a camo bucket (self camo'd)......Because I'm tall, I bought a softball ball holder bucket (taller by about 2")......EVERYTHING I need fits into it......1 box of shells (which are normally on a neo shell belt), bug spray, food, drink, calls, TP, extra weights & decoy cord, small shovel, jerk string rig, duck strap, small folding saw, and gloves......There's even room to stuff layered cloths into it.....It also serves as a seat and is totally waterproof......One other item that can be a great back saver is a decoy sled.....Fits right in between the wheels of a mag hauler......My usual 2 cents...... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 68
  • canada day 10 010.JPG
    canada day 10 010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • wister 11-23-11 010.JPG
    wister 11-23-11 010.JPG
    629.4 KB · Views: 17
  • wister 12-24-11 008.JPG
    wister 12-24-11 008.JPG
    959.7 KB · Views: 21
  • wister 12-21-11 014.JPG
    wister 12-21-11 014.JPG
    455 KB · Views: 16

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu