Waterfowl mounts

CazadorSuerte

Jan 19, 2019
I have a couple plus a dozen waterfowl mounts ....from what I remember, its against the law to sell them? Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
Could be yes.....unless i can find a black market.....:) Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

Wonder what the reasoning is behind that....its a damn stuffed bird....taken legally, and paid good money to create a piece of art....why would anyone care if you sold it? Wait, we live in California....never mind.

Robert,

I was just kidding...I gave some away to a school and made others into decoys.

ps...It's a federal law and IMO....Very outdated

Could be yes.....unless i can find a black market.....:) Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

Wonder what the reasoning is behind that....its a damn stuffed bird....taken legally, and paid good money to create a piece of art....why would anyone care if you sold it? Wait, we live in California....never mind.
It's a federal law. Can't sell migratory game birds.

Damn boy, I like the way you think! Cheers to you Mud Pigeon!

or maybe Breck will just take them back and give me a refund? Bueller?

Last edited:
what do you have? pics?

sucks its such a pain to bring birds back over the line. WTF people can come over and get money and services but a duck who was in the usa last week and will be back in the usa in a few weeks is like bringing bat burgers over from china

Uh, its a little embarrassing, seemed like a good idea at the time??? ....Honker, Blue Goose, Spec, Sprig, Gadwall, Spoon, Goldeneye male and female, Wood duck, Surf Scoter, GWT, Cinnamon Teal, Ruddy, Bluebill...

Mounts have never been high on my list, pictures have been my route. Old mounts of any kind just lok sad to me. I'd rather see them live in the wild. No judgement on my part just my feelings I know others have different takes on this.

Uh, its a little embarrassing, seemed like a good idea at the time??? ....Honker, Blue Goose, Spec, Sprig, Gadwall, Spoon, Goldeneye male and female, Wood duck, Surf Scoter, GWT, Cinnamon Teal, Ruddy, Bluebill...
If you’re considering giving away the Ruddy, I am interested. Ruddies are awesome.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu