Well that sucked

wackums back

Nov 6, 2013
Hunted Friday thru Monday sun up till sun down. Saw deer daily
But most movement was in the evening. I found 17 deer 8 bucks pocketed up in some steep and nasty near secluded water on saturday. Dove in at 1 am git set up and shut my eyes for a few woke up at 545 and started glassing. Immediately saw 3 bucks and a doe coming up the trail I set up on. Bucks were bumping heads and doing the pecking order thing. At 730 ish they turned the corner of the saddle I was on at 200 yds. Made their way to 100 or so and just stood there for 30 minutes then the big 75+ fork started closing the gap. Hit the hill just above some rocks I'd previously ranged at 57 yds . I tried to re range him but my nikon wasn't giving feedback. I had to guesstimate so I held for 65 and let one fly. Low as s#^t. Buck just looked around and ran 10 or so more yards. Drew another held for 75 and touched another off. 1 inch under him. Deer blow out. Oh well at least arrows are flying and my legs are dying. Getting close.

Nothing worse than gear failure in the field. Sounds like you have a solid spot though. Thanks for the play by play. Keep us posted!

I would say that did not suck! Atleast you are getting shots off and I would rather be hunting in the heat than sitting behind my desk with no AC! It was 92 in my office yesterday :mad:

Last year my broad head didn't deploy on a 4 point I rattled in now this year my rangefinder . Frustrating to say the least. Anybody else getting shots.

your getting action and that's most important, you got 2 shots at it that's even better... we learn from our past hunts, I'm sure you will come back strong and be posting some kill pics soon... good luck

I always carry an extra range finder and release in my pack. Sounds like you will have something down soon though!!! If that action keeps up

5 bucks this am. Focused on the big un . Spotted at 350 yds. Put him to bed . Snuck to 59 yds. Sat for 2 hrs. Wind switched he blew out. Not far and he couldn't figure out what was up. 4 by 3 past his ears . Rangefinder is working again but wind screwed me this am. Off to pound some nails.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu