West Texas Whitetail

PewPew252

Aug 29, 2020
Oh boy. Got to the airport at 4:15am for my 7:10 flight and saw the line. The line for oversized bags/guns is the same line they sent everyone with cancelled flights to rebook. It was insane, I called my wife to pick up the gun. TSA wait was nonexistent. After a flight delay I’m on my way to the great country of Texas.

I'm here dude .it's been a blood bath...although it's mulebucks.. Aoudad and sadly ..birds on the menu..we always have the stinkpig to bring us back to center..Boys just got here tonight....standby 16ers...shit is Bout to get real...good luck Ryan on whitey... remember...the throat is always a gimme..and never trust whitey...ever.

Reactions: PewPew252
No service out in the bush. This is from yesterday.

Got a buck at the last possible second. Came in with 5 min of light left. Thought he was a forkie, it was dark, all I saw was forkies all day. Mostly small but one or two forkies that were taller and wider than this buck. I said if I see 3 points on one side(not counting brow tines)I’ll shoot. Binoculars and gun scope sucked(I flew southwest, couldn’t get gun through and had to use a loaner) I couldn’t tell how many points and it was getting dark, running out of time. 29 minutes after sunset I did a “meehp” at him to get his head up and saw 3 points on one side and let it rip. Thought he was a 3x2+ tines. No blood trail. thought I missed him. Found him dead with double lung 40 yards away in the dark.

The folks out here count points weird. But I call it an eleven. If I was hunting here next year I’d have let him grow to see the real tank he’d become

Reactions: Blkpowder Hunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu