Western Kentucky Whitetail

Boomstick

Nov 16, 2011
I was lucky enough to be able to make a trip out with extended family this year to Kentucky. Not really knowing what to expect being a western hunter, I was hoping for an opportunity to harvest my first Whitetail. We spent 6 days in tree stands waiting for an opportunity to get a shot at one of these sneaky deer. It definitely takes a lot of patience to sit still in a tree stand for hours on end but the persistence really paid off. My wife's cousin Doug was able to take his on the 4th day in the early afternoon. He made a great first shot and was rewarded with a stud 8 point. I was also fortunate enough to have a respectable 8 point walk underneath my tree stand at 21 yards and he didn’t make it past there. (I always have good luck charms with me that my kids put in my pack, in case you are wondering what is hanging on the horns in one of the pictures).What a great experience.

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    810.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 120.JPG
    120.JPG
    903 KB · Views: 14
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    732 KB · Views: 14
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    741.6 KB · Views: 13

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu