What hand

THE_NEW_GUY

Dec 21, 2015
Beaumont
Okay I got a question. I'm what they call cross eye dominant. Meaning I am right handed but I am left eye dominant. I have taught myself how to shoot a shotgun and rifle with my left hand. Here's the question. Do I buy a right hand bow and close my left eye or do I buy left-handed bow Shoot with both eyes open? Now I'm not going to be hunting with this bow it's something just for fun. But I'm not going to rule it out , the bow could be for hunting later down the road.

Thanks for the help

From what I have told by Dr. is your dominant eye can and likely will switch though out your life. Mine did, that's why I mentioned it to my Dr.

I am a right handed shooter, but I am left eye dominant...When I started shooting a bow, I had to be very conscious to make sure I closed my left eye...Pretty much 2nd nature now.

Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY
I am a right handed shooter, but I am left eye dominant...When I started shooting a bow, I had to be very conscious to make sure I closed my left eye...Pretty much 2nd nature now.
What do you do when wing shooting? I have been told shoot with both eyes open or you lose depth perception.

Right handed here, shoot right handed but left eye dominant....gives me an excuse why I'm such a crappy shot.

Weird thing is I fish left-handed..... I'm all screwed up I guess.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Right handed here, shoot right handed but left eye dominant....gives me an excuse why I'm such a crappy shot.

Weird thing is I fish left-handed..... I'm all screwed up I guess.
Try shooting left-handed. Only took me about three weekends shooting skeet and trap to make you feel second hand.

Reactions: duck-boy
I’ve been left eye dominant and shot right handed my whole life until this year hurt my rotator cuff so had to switch to left handed I wish I would have switched years ago it’s amazing actually seeing what your shooting at

Reactions: duck-boy
What do you do when wing shooting? I have been told shoot with both eyes open or you lose depth perception.

I shot left handed as a kid, but switched when I was about 12...No left handed guns in those days (shot O/U's or single barrel trap guns)...When I bought my 1st Winchester Mod 12 trap grade...I switched to righty...It's really never made a difference...Just close the left eye or put a dot over your shooting glasses...Switch hit in baseball too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu