WHAT IS GOING ON???????????

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
What are you guys seeing? Most of the local hunt zones opened 12 days ago, not much is being posted about kills or even seeing any Deer. SO WHAT IS GOING ON OUT THERE?

So far I have been able to put in four morning hunts seen 5 Bucks around 13-14 Does. Had one buck at 25 yards but it was to dark and couldn't get a good enough look at him. Had another at 51 yards but couldn't get a shot.

Come on guys people want to know what are you seeing???

In the area I hunt, I haven't seen much movement. You've see a hell of a lot more than I have. I'm only seeing does. Once the weather cools down a bit, things should pick up significantly.

Nothing good! I have a little buck and a bunch of doe's on camera from July 14th to Sept. 9th. To hot still.

Well I've seen 40 or so does about 15 spikes I blew a stock on what would have been my biggest buck( not big). I found a bunch of fresh pig sign so Saturday I'm going to whack that buck if I blow another I'm going to stick a piggy. Going to be a good year for quail. I'm seeing a good amount of mountain quail

Oh yeah I took my friend out also he shot his first deer. It wasn't the best shot or the biggest deer but with a rage 2.0 she only went 30 yards it made for a good hunt

Been out a couple times in d14, first time had two nice bucks at about 60 but they slipped behind some brush and I couldn't catch back up with them. The second time saw NOTHING!!!! then got a text from my brother a couple hours later of a road kill where the trail I was hunting drops down across the road (a doe). Being as I'm 70 miles from the spot I saw them takes a little work to get up there and back. Gonna push my luck and see if I can get out this weekend. The weather has just been jacking everything up.

I have hunted the Mt. Laguna rec area three days so far and haven't seen a thing. Going out there this weekend. Good luck out there. Saw a monster 5x4 out there(in a secret spot). I hope to get a shot at him. He has been a ghost so far this season though. Bring on the rut!

Got a report that a good friend of mine arrowed a nice forky on private land in julien last week. I have yet to see a buck. Im hunting the same place I have hunted th last few years and not a single buck this year so I'm wondering the same thing.

I have been out a few times in D14 and have only seen a few does, not much else. I did get my first acrhey kill, a big fat mountain quail at about 30 yards ;D yummm. Other then that its been a lot of walking and glassing for not. I have tried high and low just can't find them bucks. try again friday then have to wait till I get back from x3b to continue the scouting/hunting efforts. good luck ya all.

khartter said:
I have been out a few times in D14 and have only seen a few does, not much else. I did get my first acrhey kill, a big fat mountain quail at about 30 yards ;D yummm. Other then that its been a lot of walking and glassing for not. I have tried high and low just can't find them bucks. try again friday then have to wait till I get back from x3b to continue the scouting/hunting efforts. good luck ya all.

Good luck in x3b

I hunted in D7 for 5 days and didn't see a legal buck one. Saw a couple that others got but they were all taken from the roads. At any given time I was between 3-8 miles into the wilderness, off the roads and had no luck. Did bump a bear sow and her two cubs opening morning at 3 yards...had to clean my shorts out after that.

Looking forward to the D16 opener with my G13 tag in hand. Might not have horns for the wall but I'll have meat for the freezer!

I've gone out in D 16 five times so far and have seen around 20 does 3 spikes and one small forky. Nothing to get excited about at this point.

Two nice 3x3's taken at Camp Pendleton (G-10) yesterday. One from Charlie and the other from Mike training areas. My boys and I saw 1 nice forky today and 4 does after the morning fog lifted but wasn't able to get closer than 120 yards; I must say my boys (9 and 7) have gotten a whole lot better with their movements during the stalk.

Went out today and didn't see a single thing other then turkey after turkey after turkey. Since I was not smart enough to buy a A22 I will have to be hog hunting till D16 opens again.

Good luck guys!

We saw 1 yote at 25 yards with no arrow knocked. 1 bobcat, 1 doe, and we couldn't confirm the other one, may have been a buck. Not sure. Put up a new camera in a good spot. We'll see.

My seasons done.for now.I chased a forky quite a bit. Never released.an arrow i saw over 60 doe 20or so spikes tons.of.fawnes 3 foxes bobcat some ducks tons ofquail some mountains as well im hunting 1/2 of rifle with a bow i want to stick one i need to hear that wack again o ya lots of turkeys.as.well

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu