• Total voters
My thoughts..
Hunter and safety class is good start.
We need to start a school ....
How to hunt and shoot, non profit.
For all generations....
If never taught...
If my work contacts seek me out.
As a consultant.. I get cash flow going. And I turn full retirement age.
No more BS with ss . I may try to start something like this..
That will be my next poll.
See how many would be interested..

Reactions: Drake Dunn
55 now. Although the past two years I’ve noticed a whole lot more aches and pains than I used to have, a lot more repetitive stress injuries. I’ve read that the average age hunters hang it up is 64. Hopefully that won’t be me. I try to stay in good shape between seasons.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Is there such thing as female hunters on here? Trying to get my soon to be fiancé into hunting so she can stop freaking out when I go alone haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 now. Although the past two years I’ve noticed a whole lot more aches and pains than I used to have, a lot more repetitive stress injuries. I’ve read that the average age hunters hang it up is 64. Hopefully that won’t be me. I try to stay in good shape between seasons.
I was 40 then all of sudden I am going on 64...
Point is it goes by really fast. Ugggg

Supprized it stopped at 57 votes
Is this sport dieing

I talk to a lot of young people that want to hunt, learn the ropes. They don’t seem to pursue it beyond expressing a want though.

A kid I know that wants to hunt has two parents opposed to hunting, so I think that is also a contributing factor.

Yes it is. Hunting numbers have been steadily dropping since I was born. Hopefully we can turn things around. A lot of different things at play obviously, but it sure doesn’t help that we are losing habitat and open space for people to explore. At least in SoCal.

Apparently “progress” means building on every open piece of land still available. To compound that, populations are growing and people are getting used to being crammed around people all the time. Cheap entertainment and the need for quick satisfaction seems to be a high priority. The outdoors just doesn’t seem like it is that important to the general public. Or they consider the community park “the outdoors”. That’s just what I see from my limited view though. It’s easy to complain and try to point a finger, but it’s never that simple.

We hunters need to get involved to keep our interests alive. I think a lot of us have become blind to how good we have it. It is not here by accident. I want it for my kids and future generations. I am a member of a half dozen different organizations and try to keep up on things that are important to me. I always write to our elected reps and try to enlighten the general public about hunting in a positive way. Life is busy though, wish I could do more. I really admire a lot of the people on here and what they do for hunting.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu