What release are you using?

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
Well, I am in the market for a new release. I believe I left mine on the back of the truck yesterday as I was in a hurry to get home for the start of the Bama vs GA game. I was looking at the TruBall Assassins this morning and like the reviews on them. What are you using? I would like to be able to get it within next few days.

Thanks for all the input guys. I've been catching up on threads and forgot to update that I ended up getting the Rhino XT from Scott Archery. I tried a few different releases but it felt the most comfortable to me. Thanks again.

Reinvigorating an old post.

I shoot an oldddd scott mini goose. Velcro strap which is not cool, and it’s kinda wearing finally.

Looking at Wiseguy maybe. Never shot a thumb release either. Wish I could get in to try some out but would like to know what real hunters use.

Thanks for advice.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I switched to a 3 finger thumb release and it's been eye opening for me. Takes all the play out of a wrist release, and my accuracy has improved because of it.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Fletch hook, Rip Cord drop and Tru Glow 5 pin, but I'm a noob when it comes to archery....

I’ve never heard of Fletch hook until this post. Then asked buddy from AZ and he’s shot one for 20yrs.
Shot the Wiseguy today. It was ok, but think I’ll go with Fletcher DrawPoint. $65, not bad.
Thanks for inputs.

I have both the fletch hook and a carter wise choice thumb release. I prefer the hand held release but I think all it is is personal preference and budget. Both are great

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu