What to do if you call in a lion

wife and I saw a lion not 100 yards from the cuyamaca lake restaurant & bait store. it ducked into a culvert.
called in a large lion while turkey calling during bad weather. all I saw was a streak. very scary, it realized we where humans and ran off.

Ghost

My 2 cents: 20 yrs ago or so, me brother was sitting on a ridge line using his quail call on Baldy Mesa. he was sitting there calling and listening with his Jack Russell DUKE, all of a sudden he felt he was being looked at and he scanned the bushes in front of him across the ridge and saw a Cat crouched down looking at him. as soon as he locked eyes with the cat, the cat was gone.
Next, 25 yrs ago while hunting javelina on San Carlos Rez, the Apache guide told us to watch our back while on the rocky cliffs because he said that cats will stalk you as you stalk game.
makes things interesting.... you have to develop your senses if you are going afield.

If it happens on your land and it kills anything you get a depredation permit issued and call me so I can drop the hounds on the track. :)

Reactions: Muledeerhunter
Well let's put our cards on the table while wearing short sleeves. If the cat leaves peacefully then it shall be.. If it stocks me then the cat will head across rainbow bridge. As it is up to the "Demoncrats" of this state then you would be doing hard time for killing one even in self defense. Not a real hard decision to be made.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu