What to look for in duck

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hey guys, so I am thinking I want a mallard pair for the wall. What do you look for in a drake mallard to be worthy for the wall, also for the hen? How many curls should he have? I know that reasons for hanging a special duck on the wall is in the person who harvested it and he may have his own reason... first duck, last duck, son's first duck... ect. ect.

thanks for any info and post up some pics if you have any?

thanks
ok back to D16 hunt mode

Richard,

Most drakes have 2 curls, but some have 3.....Don't really know if that has anything to do with age.....A mature mallard should have a glossary greenhead, good blue wing spectrums, bright orange feet, chestnut brown chest, white ring, and a whitish back.....I don't give a lot of thought to size.....Most hens looks pretty much the same, but should be able to tell some by it's bill (orange & black) and it's blue spectrum.

.003.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu