What's going on in d16

Been out a lot in a area I always see deer. Nothing. Starting to second guess my deer finding abilities. Seriously though WTF is going on here. No rain and as dry as a popcorn fart but no deer near my water

Went out last night. Saw 7 deer amd 2 yotes. 1 doe walked out at 30 yards but only had an ass shot. Than had the other 4 at about 100 but got busted . One small forky as well.

I was up in Laguna yesterday morning before work, 54degrees seemed perfect but not much moving around. I only had one doe walk under my stand. I did however smoke a pine cone at 85yrds.

Ive seen a few deer, but since Im hunting an are that is a little more wide open than the timber I have not been close enough to get a shot. The count so far:
2 spikes and two does Sunday.
5 does last night.

Heading back up on Friday.

I had 14 deer in a field this morning and 9 of them lined up and started to my pinch point.
Three of them were shooter bucks, at least for D-16 standards.
They got about 60-70 yards away and sure as hell, one of them sets of eyes saw something they didn't like.
The stare down lasted for about five minutes before the first one peeled off and started bouncing away.
All the others soon followed suit and left within a couple minutes.
Think I'll let them settle down a couple days and go out next week again.
Fingers crossed.

was down there scouting with my bow this passed week, kicked two out of their day beds and found some good trails to two areas. There were about 12 hunters camped at Laguna camp ground when I went up. No one had any deer down but deer where being seen here and there all does, I scouted around Thing road and kitchen creek rd..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu