What's in your blind bag or bucket?

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
These are some of the everyday items I have in my bucket or blind bag when hunting one of our public, wildlife areas or refuges here in SoCal.....Sometimes it changes on how far the walk is, what you're hunting, and if you can cart or not...... ;D

Neoprene shell carrier w/ 25 shells, neoprene wader shell carrier, calls, headlamp w/ extra batteries, regular flashlight, multi-tool, saw, clippers, extra dog leash, bug spray, small binos, gloves (calling & regular), towel, food/snacks, and water.

ps.....TP is normally in here as well.....But, really you shouldn't be crapping near your blind anyway. Henshaw excepted........ ;)

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    705.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 32
SNACKS. Must have snacks. Ammo. Calls. Bug spray if needed. Hand Warmers are amazing in the morning down by salton sea. Extra socks as well

Irvine said:
Don't forget the sunblock.

Brian,

I rarely use the stuff, but that's a great call for early season for sure......Especially Wister...... ;)

Wister was 94 on the opener last year.......1998 (pic), I think it was about 100...... :mad:

Attachments

• wister opener 1998.jpg
    wister opener 1998.jpg
    776.7 KB · Views: 31
bb2.jpg

Eric,

Having that bird ID book is a great idea for any of the newer guys...... 8)

One thing I left out is either face paint or a mask.....The thing ducks see most easily.

We also bring out a couple of Yard Trash Bags to not only haul our trash out, but do a little bit of Blind Area Clean Up as well!

MudStud said:
We also bring out a couple of Yard Trash Bags to not only haul our trash out, but do a little bit of Blind Area Clean Up as well!

Great call.....I also will have this years regs with me many times.....Knowing shoot times is important as well.

ilovesprig said:
MudStud said:

Great call.....I also will have this years regs with me many times.....Knowing shoot times is important as well.

Unless your sitting in a blind at San Jacinto of course

ilovesprig said:
Eric,

Having that bird ID book is a great idea for any of the newer guys...... 8)

One thing I left out is either face paint or a mask.....The thing ducks see most easily.

Yeah, Steve that one is the best I've found. LeMaster waterfowl ID. Also, I left out the facemask and the trash bags, or I should say I left them in. They were in the bag in a pocket in the lid and I forgot to take them out for the picture. We should only need one small trash bag, more like the size of a plastic grocery bag, to pick up our trash and empty shells but, unfortunately a larger bag often comes in handy to pick up after the last 2 or 3 hunters or groups of hunters that occupied the blind. One of my pet peeves.

Those little headlights are the bomb!

I keep a thermacell versus the bug spray, but same concept. I also keep my handheld GPS for accurate on the spot sunrise info. Plus, when it's slow I look at the fish/hunt function to see when the "best" and "good" time slots are, just for chits and grins...see if it works. (I'm still a big believer in the solunar tables when chasing fish!)

I'm a country clubber for the most part now, so I do keep most of the "stuff" in my pit, locked up...when not in the hole. Tough life sleeping in until 30 mins before shoot time. A little earlier if the winds changed, requiring decoy adjustments.

If/when I use the boat, the gear bag is a bit heavier with stuff!

Mik,

Glad to hear the "Country Club" life is all good.......Come join us bums some week-end at the Wis....... ;)

I wish a small, plastic grocery bag would work! Hard to fit in a roll of carpeting, a tule seat and six empty boxes of shells! And yes, I have found ALL of that at a blind spot at Wister! Heck, I even found two car 'floor mats' in a blind, I guess they really hated the mud!!!

The trouble or blessing with boat hunting is you can bring everything. All that stuff plus way more food and beverages. Heater if it's cold, stove to heat food on. Blah blah blah

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu