Where are the Jr. reports?

Took my nephew daughter and friend from work son to sj. They all shot a box or more at nothing but in your face quality birds fun time but only 2 birds to show for it but hey we have all had those days right? Wouldn’t trade it for the world. Want to thank the San jacinto staff for always doing such a amazing job for our youth and keeping that place amazing.

.A0F69C42-5D00-4B9C-84E2-D4F746A2BFD5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had really lucky draws for my final youth season. I drew the 3rd spot and had 2nd pick at San J yesterday and got this pintail along with 5 greenwing hens.
58CE0AC5-970E-4799-A849-7701BCC90C98.jpeg
I drew the 5th spot at Wister this morning and had 1st pick as none of the other top ten reservations showed up. About eight other hunters were there at 3 am. I managed to down a greenwing and a cinnamon teal.
2C7C61AA-C5CB-49D0-AEF4-A969F8A73E1D.jpeg

Who took out some kids? Let's hear how they did?
Don’t post a lot but I love the youth weekend and had another good one with my youngest daughter at Wister Sat. Finished up around 10am and had to get this picture of her in front of one of my favorite places!!! Thought you would like this one Matt. Might have been my last memory of Sportsman’s Catering.

.5B2D1FCF-7323-4521-A1C0-F0CF4AEF30F5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t post a lot but I love the youth weekend and had another good one with my youngest daughter at Wister Sat. Finished up around 10am and had to get this picture of her in front of one of my favorite places!!! Thought you would like this one Matt. Might have been my last memory of Sportsman’s Catering.

.View attachment 42929
Nice pic. She did really well. I bought a couple of calls on closing Wednesday from the trailer. Told them thanks so much for all those years of being there.

John

Took my nephew daughter and friend from work son to sj. They all shot a box or more at nothing but in your face quality birds fun time but only 2 birds to show for it but hey we have all had those days right? Wouldn’t trade it for the world. Want to thank the San jacinto staff for always doing such a amazing job for our youth and keeping that place amazing.

.View attachment 42911

No way, Skeet. I swear the last pic you posted of your daughter she was in diapers!

And her firs duck hunt at 3 years old at Wister. She rode the decoy cart like a horse all the way to the blind. Not one nap all day from 3am until the end of shooting hours playing in the mud and with the ducks great memories. Pay and my old dog B they were born the same week posing with my first mallard at wister0AA3E810-2593-4248-B5E9-079D54898F39.jpeg

.View attachment 42929

Awesome! Love that pic. I wish my daughter still hunted with me. She spent a lot of time in that trailer. Thanks for posting.

Took my two grandsons out to our club which is across Hwy 111 from Wister for the junior hunt. This was their first hunting season after taking them for their hunters safety back in August. Great fun this season for me as they experienced their first dove, quail and duck this year. My bad but did not get a picture of my other grandson with his first drake gadwall but took these two pics with my grandson with his first drake widgeon and drake spoony.

Shout out of many thanks for Wister, volunteers and donators for putting on the junior hunt dinner, duck calling contest and awesome prizes at the raffle. I know we had a very memorable weekend and hope my grandkids and all the other junior hunters out there continue toIMG_0104.JPGIMG_0105.JPG carry on this sport that we all love.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu