Where can i go?

blackgoldwolf

Mar 29, 2012
I'm looking to go hunting/camping with my friend in southern california but can't find any specifics on a good place.We mainly just want to hunt small game and maybe do some plinking with the .22s
Anyone know a good place?

Go to the main page and click on hunting info. Go to Wildlife offices then click on So Cal National Forest office.
There are a number of locations that you can pick up a forest service map for your area.
You can do the same with So Cal BLM.
Not sure about the BLM maps but the NF map will show you all the campgrounds.

Ok,thanks man! do you know if theres any specific area's or is it just what it lists on that page? such as
Cleveland National Forest
Will Metz, Forest Supervisor
10845 Rancho Bernardo Road, Ste. 200
Rancho Bernardo, CA 92127-2107
858-673-6180
TTY CRS 800-735-2929

and how would i go about a camping/hunting trip in a area like that? would i call that number and ask about it?

Cleveland NF is a very big piece of property it actually has two districts,the Descanso district (south) and the Palomar district (north).
Descanso district has a ranger station in Alpine that you can pick up maps,not sure about up north but the maps are the same.
You could call or stop at one of the ranger stations and talk to them.

alright man,thanks. I figured cleveland national forest would be a good bet since i live near it in lake elsinore

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu