Where have the reloading components gone?

doccherry

May 7, 2021
I am woefully ignorant re: supply chains and shortages and lack of workers, etc., but here is my confusion. If the ammo component companies are working full time, producing bullets, cases, powder, and primers, and if huge companies like Bass Pro and Brownell's and Midway can't get components at all, where are all those components going? Are the ammo companies buying up everything? Military? I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories on this, but I am genuinely confused. Any info from you guys who understand manufacturing and supply chains would be appreciated. And do you think this is temporary or the way things are going to be? Thanks.

Ammo manufacturing is taking up the bulk of supplies leaving little or none for the weekend reloads of which I am one., But I looked into my crystal ball and saw it coming. I'm in need of nothing. But I just like reloading, I don't even have weapons. Just wait until the libs. get a stronger foothold and then you will see what bad really is. They need to be stopped at the ballot box.

I am woefully ignorant re: supply chains and shortages and lack of workers, etc., but here is my confusion. If the ammo component companies are working full time, producing bullets, cases, powder, and primers, and if huge companies like Bass Pro and Brownell's and Midway can't get components at all, where are all those components going? Are the ammo companies buying up everything? Military? I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories on this, but I am genuinely confused. Any info from you guys who understand manufacturing and supply chains would be appreciated. And do you think this is temporary or the way things are going to be? Thanks.
Components alone won’t make as much money for a manufacturer as a complete bullet for sale will. Thus, ammo is being built and sold like crazy so there aren’t any components left over to sell off.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu