Where is the play by play duckers

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
I know some of you have birds already, let's see!

Mendota. Shot a limit but lost 3 birds.cause i was the last in line and got stuck in a corner.
I swear in 40 yrs. I have never had shot a teal. Almost caught it. But it landed at my feet in some tall grass.but he was rt.there. i mean i bent over moved the grass expecting to see him and bam disappeared.wth!! I need a dog.1024201352.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mendota. Shot a limit but lost 3 birds.cause i was the last in line and got stuck in a corner.
I swear in 40 yrs. I have never had shot a teal. Almost caught it. But it landed at my feet in some tall grass.but he was rt.there. i mean i bent over moved the grass expecting to see him and bam disappeared.wth!! I need a dog.View attachment 46508
nice job last in line what time did you get on

I was not able to go this weekend since my wife had surgery. But my 2 sons had a great opener on our property up north. 16 geese (10 snows, 6 specks) and 3 ducks (2 woodies and a widgeon)IMG956122.jpgIMG956115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got in.no wait other then the. line.
But i barely made to the pond 10 mins. Before shoot time.i was settin deeks and ppl started shooting at 6:30 when shoot time was 6:48. Still way too dark.i dont get it.ppl like that will ruin duck hunting.imo.

Reactions: gcatt
Refilled #59 at SJ. Didnt get out till 1:30 but my pup got to retrieve his first greenhead. We got two actually and a green wing. One real fat mallard that was still alive and this boy found him In the SJ walker tules . Great day and the season just got started. Its finally here 78A4A003-48CA-498F-8B33-6D443AB15DBF.jpegA2A63CCC-DB14-49CD-9288-7A306ED5AD2E.jpeg

I swear in 40 yrs. I have never had shot a teal. Almost caught it. But it landed at my feet in some tall grass.but he was rt.there. i mean i bent over moved the grass expecting to see him and bam disappeared.wth!! I need a dog.View attachment 46508
Hey, first waterfowl hunt is coming up at Mendota, any tips(not your spots or anything) would be appreciated. I hear very mixed things about Mendota.

Hey, first waterfowl hunt is coming up at Mendota, any tips(not your spots or anything) would be appreciated. I hear very mixed things about Mendota.
My tip to y'all?After the opener?Like all refuges the birds find the closed zone. Get a map n find a spot near there. Get r done

Reactions: PewPew252

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu