Where to shoot a turkey with a bow

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
With deer season winding down for most and my deer season over. I am starting to focus my attention on other game to chase up and down the hills. I am thinking about trying to take a turkey with my bow this year. I came across these pictures of shot placement for turkeys and decided to share.

Attachments

• shot_110.jpg
    shot_110.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 115
  • shot_210.jpg
    shot_210.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 111
  • shot_310.jpg
    shot_310.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 115
  • shot_410.jpg
    shot_410.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 120
  • shot_510.jpg
    shot_510.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 118
  • turkeytarget.jpg
    turkeytarget.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 114
Invisible man might have a couple more illustrations of arrow placement on turkey's. ;D

I can't wait till spring. I'm going with a bow but I hunt with buddies with guns plus i do the calling. So if they see me they will die anyway

In response to the neck shot placement. With a shot gun yes that's a great place the shot will not penetrate the body enough for a kill most likely it will flyaway and you'll never see it again. But with a bow the arrow will penetrate to the vitals making a shot on the body your best option because the kill area is larger. Also if you shoot body even if a vital shot is missed you still might pin its wing to the body making escape unlikely and a follow up shot possible.

Below is Invisible Man's depiction of the shooting reference point on a Turkey... ;D

Attachments

• Invisibleman1.jpg_thumb.png
    Invisibleman1.jpg_thumb.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • invisibleman2jpg_thumb.png
    invisibleman2jpg_thumb.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
  • archery turkey 2012 007.jpg_thumb.png
    archery turkey 2012 007.jpg_thumb.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 30

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu