Where to zero my rifle

CritJoe

Jul 7, 2012
I live in the Camp Pendleton/Oceanside area and need to re-zero my 30-06. The scope shifted in transit from Alabama to California when I came out here. I'd like to zero it at 200yds but the only place I know of is Iron Sights with an indoor 25yd range.

Also bonus question, what is the typical range for a deer shot around here? I got here too late in the season to get any tags last year and haven't had a chance to do much scouting yet.

It's a bit of a drive for you, but the South Bay Rod & Gun Club in Dulzura has ranges out to 300 yards. I believe they charge $20 to shoot as long as you want.

White Smoke said:
It's a bit of a drive for you, but the South Bay Rod & Gun Club in Dulzura has ranges out to 300 yards. I believe they charge $20 to shoot as long as you want.
South bays a rip off... on a lot of dirt roads you san shoot there unless it says otherwise and dont shoot till after it rains dont wanna start a fire plus it could double as a scoutin trip ive seen big deer while just driving on a dirt road lookin for a place to shoot or you could try P2K not sure how much they charge probably a ril off too but whatever you do be smart about it!!!

I usually just take my range finder and drive out to BLM land in the desert early in the am....bit of a drive but it's a nice drive. Then I go into descanso and Julian and look for yotes to make sure my sighting went well!

lemon grove rod and gun club. great place to shoot and i believe it goes out to 300yds also. i would like to know the name of the place snake charmer is talking about though? 8)

Do you know how much lemon grove rod and gun club charges? To me 20$ for as long as you want ain't bad considering p2k prices.

LGR&G Club only goes to 220 yds. to the back of the bank. You have to be a member or a guest of a member to shot unless you attend a function that is open to the public

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu