Wild boar ribs

I put a rub on my ribs then in the frig. over night. Brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic and onion powder cayenne powder. I will cook them in the oven @250 for up to three hrs, wrapped in foil, poor in a can of beer or any moisture. Then I take them out to the bbq to brown and add bbq sauce. This only takes a few mins.

And it was from a smoker too! Oh Heck Yeah!

Aww man. Brush some Sweet Baby Ray's on that at the end, let it carmelize for a lil bit and you'd have to phsyically take the plate away from me to get me to stop eatin' 'em all!

Reactions: KThor
And you would have to put up this post right before I planned on going to Stater Bros. Dang it! Now I HAVE to get a side of Pork Ribs.

I always boil them first (just enough) to make sure they're cooked thru-and-thru... Adding salt and sometimes the Sriracha into the boil water... then brush on Sweet Baby Ray's... and put in Lo Broil just long enough to carmelize the sauce. Then use that boil water to make a pot of rice (with Saffron and Annatto and sometimes Cumin as well) that'll make yer Mama cry it's so good!

Or sometimes... use that boil water as the base for the Soup for an Udon with Memmi Sauce. Also DAMN Good!

Thanks to you I had to make a rack of St. Louis style ribs. <Burp!>

Well, hopefully someday I'll get to try the real thing :/

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu