• Not sure

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Not even close

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
This is something I am paying close attention to. As most of you know, last year the use of hounds for bear hunting was banned. In 2012, 42% of the bears taken were by the use of hounds.

As of November 7th, 736 bears had been killed. The season opened August 17th. So far that's 8.8 bears per day in the state. At the same kill rate of 8.8 per day and 57 days left in the season, the total for the year would be approximately 1237.

It will be interesting to see what happens.....

I would agree with Lungpopper... I think the number taken per day will go down dramatically after deer season because allot of hunters do both at the same time and if they don't get one many don't go back out later to try.

It looks like Neil is doing his part to see the quota is met.

BuckHunter said:
It looks like Neil is doing his part to see the quota is met.

Yeah no doubt! Harvest number is now at 874. When Neil is guiding, you can actually watch the number go up! ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu